Wilmington Office Celebrates 35 Years of Growing and Building Signature Projects
The Wilmington office of Clancy & Theys has built and worked on some of the most iconic structures in the Wilmington and surrounding areas over the last 35 years; including the Battleship NC, Thalian Hall, Louise Wells Cameron Art Museum, Live Oak Bank Campus, the NC Aquariums and Jennette’s Pier.
They recently celebrated with clients, colleagues and friends at an event at Cameron Art Museum, one of the landmark buildings Clancy & Theys has built in the area.
Their work has also been recognized as award-winning by the following organizations:
- Carolinas AGC – Pinnacle Awards – Best Building Project, 2011 – North Carolina Aquarium at Jennette’s Pier – Nags Head, NC;
- U.S. Green Building Council – LEED Platinum, 2012 – North Carolina Aquarium at Jennette’s Pier – Nags Head, NC;
- Wilmington Real Estate Awards – New Construction – Commercial, 2014 – Live Oak Bank Headquarters – Wilmington, NC;
- AIA North Carolina – Merit Award, 2013 – Live Oak Bank Headquarters – Wilmington, NC; and
- WoodWorks – Wood Design Award, 2018 – Live Oak Bank Building II (The Grove) – Wilmington, NC
- Carolinas AGC – Pinnacle Awards – Best Building Project – North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher, Additions & Renovations – Fort Fisher, NC
Recently, the Wilmington Business Journal stopped by to talk to David Michael, the CEO of the Wilmington Division and vice president of Clancy & Theys, about the growth of the Wilmington office, its strengths and their plans for the future in a story that can be found here.